タグ:Kumano ( 48 ) タグの人気記事

鹿ヶ瀬峠ー2/From Shishigase Pass to Uchihara

d0360104_00393333.jpg
 2019年1月17日(木)、河瀬王子から鹿ヶ瀬峠を越えて紀伊内原まで歩きました。 JR湯浅駅~紀伊内原駅まで約16,9km。
 河瀬王子から大峠まで2,9km。標高差350m。
 1月といえば真冬。さすがに大峠でのランチは寒くなってきたので、早々にひきあげて下山することに。雑木林の中を歩きましょう。しばらく急な下りが続きます。

 
d0360104_00394728.jpg
 昨年秋の台風であちこちに木が倒れています。


d0360104_00394938.jpg
 竹林です。やはりここでも、台風で沢山の竹の木が倒れています。

d0360104_00400421.jpg
 大峠から約400mほど歩くと、大きな木の下に小さな馬頭観音が。

d0360104_00400983.jpg
 良くみれば顔が三つ、その上に馬の顔があります。

d0360104_00401884.jpg
 小峠につきました。

d0360104_00402056.jpg
 小峠の地蔵道標。熊野古道の道標は必ずしも生きている参詣者のためではなく、行き倒れになって亡くなった人達のためでもあります。

d0360104_00403461.jpg
 石畳道が続いています。熊野古道で現存する最長の石畳道です。

d0360104_00404632.jpg
 朝は曇り空でしたが、次第に晴れてきました。木々の向こうに遠くの山が見えます。

d0360104_00410313.jpg
 石畳道の降口に標識があります。長さ503mだそうです。大峠から1,1km。

d0360104_00411479.jpg
 集合写真。撮影は平井さんです。

d0360104_00411816.jpg
 木立の中を通り抜けると、遠くに山が見えます。


d0360104_00413543.jpg
 黄梅。

d0360104_00421394.jpg
 黄梅と紅梅の咲く丘。

d0360104_00413916.jpg
 台風で倒れた木に花が咲いています。すごい生命力ですね。

d0360104_00414847.jpg
 鹿児島紅梅だそうです。

d0360104_00414573.jpg
d0360104_00421872.jpg
 古道は平坦な道が続きます。
d0360104_00422090.jpg
 自然林に囲まれた歩きやすい道。

d0360104_00424283.jpg
  題目の板碑。法華堂跡の前に「南無阿弥陀仏」とかかれた板碑が並んでいます。


d0360104_00430096.jpg
 金魚茶屋跡。昔、茶屋があり、熊野古道の参詣者たちの心なごませるため金魚を飼っていたと伝わっています。石畳道降り口から600m。

d0360104_00430313.jpg
 川の水量は少ないけれど、澄んだ美しい水が流れています。

d0360104_00431521.jpg
 自動車道を横切って、旧道を歩きます。民家がありますが、ほとんど人に逢うことはありません。
 沓掛王子につきました。右手の丘の上にあるので見失いがちですが。かつて、峠を越えてきた旅人はここで沓を履き替えて、古い沓を奉納しました。金魚茶屋から約1km。

d0360104_00432168.jpg
 ここにも黄梅が咲いています。もうすぐ春ですね。

d0360104_00432471.jpg
 左側に大きな道標が立っています。

d0360104_00432776.jpg
 弘法大師の爪書き地蔵さん。沓掛王子から800m。目的の紀伊内原駅まで5,8km。
d0360104_00433044.jpg
 説明板によれば、宗教心のある人は水をかければ仏の絵が見えると書かれています。貴方は見えますか?

d0360104_00434436.jpg
 ここにも台風の爪跡が残っています。梅の木に花が咲いていました。

d0360104_00440180.jpg
 四つ石聖跡。後鳥羽上皇がこの石に腰をかけられたそうです。上皇一人なのになぜ4つ?

d0360104_00440483.jpg
 原谷皇太神社。明治時代、近隣の王子や神社を合祀しました。
d0360104_00440757.jpg
 苔むした石垣が時代を感じさせてくれます。

d0360104_00441269.jpg
 西の馬留王子。河瀬からの上り口にも同じ名前の王子があります。ここは沓掛王子と内原王子の間にあるので間(はざま)王子とも呼ばれています。

d0360104_00441636.jpg
 古道は県道と交わったり離れたりしながら南へ向かいます。光明寺の入口に六地蔵が並んでいます。

d0360104_00441897.jpg
 民家の塀の中に「一里松跡」の道標。

d0360104_00442247.jpg
 道路の左手に石段が見えています。雨司神社への入口です。

d0360104_00442431.jpg
 石段からさらに急な坂が続きます。

d0360104_00443418.jpg
 石段を上りきれば素晴らしい景観が広がっています。360度パノラマです。山すそに鳥居が見えています。

d0360104_00443904.jpg
 少し休憩したらまた歩きましょう。なめら橋を渡って、畑の中を通り、今熊野神社へ向かいます。

d0360104_00444635.jpg
 山すそに今熊野神社の鳥居があります。

d0360104_00445984.jpg
 108段の石段です。

 
d0360104_00450626.jpg

 今熊野神社からさらに山すそを南へ約50m。内ノ畑王子です。槌王子とも伝わっています。参詣者たちは木で槌を作り、その先に榊をつけて祓いをしました。西の馬留王子から約1,6km。
 
d0360104_00451098.jpg

 内の畑王子の標識があります。ここから高家王子まで約1,6km。山を越えてきた足には少々きついですが、自分のペースでゆっくり歩きましょう。

d0360104_00451383.jpg

 内の畑王子神社の境内に高家王子があります。明治時代、近隣の五箇村が合併されました。


d0360104_00452978.jpg

 本殿の右手に境内社として天児屋根命(あめのこやねのみこと)を祀っています。平成26年7月、氏子崇敬者の要望によりお祀りしているそうです。
d0360104_00453295.jpg

 本殿の左手の境内社に「稲荷神社」。説明板によれば、昭和56年、宇迦之御魂神、葛葉稲荷大明神が遷座、祀っています。
d0360104_00454106.jpg

 境内には珍しい樹木が多く、本殿後方に槙の大木がそびえています。

d0360104_00454737.jpg

 神社の傍を流れる西川には愛子の淵とよばれる物語が伝わっています。ここからJR紀伊内原駅まで1,5km。
 河瀬王子から紀伊内原駅までの私の徒歩数は約17000歩でした。
 今日も一日、参加者全員が元気で歩けたことに感謝です。(東)
 


by wakayamakiga | 2019-01-19 19:09 | Kii route /紀伊路 | Comments(0)

鹿ヶ瀬峠を越えて/Beyond the Shishigase Pass

d0360104_00352120.jpg
 2019年が始まりました。今年も元気で歩きたいと思います。
 1月17日(木)、午前8時40分、KIGAのメンバー12名が湯浅駅に集合。タクシーで井関バス停まで移動し、井関から鹿ヶ瀬峠を越えて歩きました。 
d0360104_00355619.jpg
 河瀬橋の袂に立つ道標。徳本上人の筆によるもので上人のマークがあります。

d0360104_00355966.jpg
 河瀬王子。川瀬がツノセと書かれた古書があります。
d0360104_00360425.jpg
 岩場は修験道者たちの修験の場であったことを彷彿とさせます。
d0360104_00361095.jpg
 延命地蔵寺。汗かき地蔵と呼ばれる地蔵尊は、汗をかきながら旅人の背を押してくれるそうです。
d0360104_00361443.jpg
 地蔵寺境内の並んだ墓石群。長い年月を経て、古道の路傍にあった墓石が集められたようです。
d0360104_00361694.jpg
地蔵寺脇の石碑に「南無阿弥陀仏」の文字が刻まれています。
d0360104_00362968.jpg
 河瀬王子から約700m歩くと東の馬留王子の標識があります。熊野参詣者たちはここから馬を降りて歩きます。
d0360104_00363136.jpg
 徳本上人の名号碑。三差路の右が熊野古道です。
d0360104_00365321.jpg
 道路標識
d0360104_00365738.jpg
 立場跡。大峠まで2340m。
d0360104_00370006.jpg
 ふりかえると大きな山が目にはいりました。
d0360104_00370363.jpg
 道路脇の植物に白い実が。
d0360104_00370759.jpg
 古道はここから登り坂になっていきます。
d0360104_00371529.jpg
 かなり上ってきました。歩いてきた道を見下ろす景色です。
d0360104_00372823.jpg
 ここにも白い実をつけた植物が。
d0360104_00373208.jpg
 古道は続きます。
d0360104_00373500.jpg
 野苺の赤い実
d0360104_00375409.jpg
 急な登り坂を歩いてきました。大きな木のトンネルをくぐります。 
d0360104_00375777.jpg
 頂上はまだですか?
d0360104_00375984.jpg
 大峠まで700m。頑張りましょう。
d0360104_00380669.jpg
 白い実は紫式部の仲間の白式部です。
d0360104_00382109.jpg
 
d0360104_00382596.jpg
 道路がよく整備されています。
d0360104_00383859.jpg
 大峠の地蔵。痔の地蔵とも呼ばれています。
d0360104_00384120.jpg
 「是より紀三井寺七里」の文字が読み取れます。
d0360104_00384763.jpg
d0360104_00384874.jpg
 法華の壇の入口の道標。「広養源寺の飛地境内」と書かれています。大峠まで152mですが、法華の壇へ寄ります。
d0360104_00385216.jpg
 法華の壇。昨年秋の台風で倒れた木がそのままです。
d0360104_00390151.jpg
 大峠に着きました。広いスペースがあり、大きな木がそびえています。椅子もあるので、今日はここでお弁当タイムとしましょう。
d0360104_00391231.jpg

by wakayamakiga | 2019-01-19 01:35 | Kii route /紀伊路 | Comments(0)

熊野古道歩こう会・2019年1月~のご案内

 熊野古道歩こう会 2019年1月からのご案内
d0360104_20550440.jpg
 新年を迎えて毎日寒い日が続いています。元気で熊野古道を歩けることに感謝です。本年もどうぞ宜しくお願いします。
 1月からのご案内です。

紀伊路ー⑥ 河瀬王子~鹿ケ瀬峠~紀伊内原へ
:日時 1月17日(木) AM8:40
:集合 JR湯浅駅(JR和歌山駅7:51発湯浅行きが便利です)
【コース予定】 湯浅駅➡(タクシー分乗)➡東の馬留王子➡鹿ヶ瀬峠・大峠➡石畳道➡金魚茶屋➡沓掛王子➡爪書地蔵➡黒竹の里➡西の馬留王子➡内の畑王子➡高家王子神社➡紀伊内原(約12,2km。標高差350m)

大辺路ー⑥ 古座~佐部城跡~浦神へ
:日時 1月31日(木) AM7:00
:集合 JR和歌山駅東口 (レンタカーで移動します)
【コース予定】JR和歌山駅➡(高速道路)➡古座駅➡神戸神社➡高池渡船碑跡➡霊源寺➡高池の虫食岩➡峠の地蔵➡佐部城跡➡木葉神社➡紀伊田原駅

2月からの予定
:2月7日(木)紀伊路/紀伊内原~愛徳山王子~道成寺~九海士王子~湯川子安神社~岩内王子~岩内古墳~西御坊
:2月21日(木)大辺路/紀伊田原~八郎山~太地駅
:3月7日(木)紀伊路/西御坊~塩屋王子~光専寺~清姫の草履塚~仏井戸~上野王子~叶王子~印南駅
:3月21日(木・祝)大辺路/紀伊浦神~諏訪神社~二河峠~補陀落山寺~那智駅
:4月4日(木)青岸渡寺~大雲取超え
:4月18日(木)高野山・女人道
:5月2日(木)紀伊路/伊太祁曽神社~薬王寺~松阪王子~松代王子~春日神社~菩提房王子~藤代神社

【ウオーク参加費】 500円+交通費(実費)
※参加人数により、レンタカー、またはバスを利用する場合があります。申込はお早い目にお願いします。
※当日の朝6時現在で警報がでた場合は延期とさせていただきます。

KIGA 熊野・高野国際語り部の会
【連絡先】 640-0302 和歌山市永山83-5 ℡073-478-2711 📱090-2062-7778 e-mail kiga@silk.plala.or.jp


by wakayamakiga | 2019-01-13 22:04 | Information/ウオーク案内 | Comments(0)

伊太祁曽神社/Itakiso Shrine

d0360104_19305245.jpg
 2019年の始まりです。今年5月には天皇が譲位されるため、平成最後のお正月です。1月2日に伊太祁曽神社へお詣りに行きました。
 貴志川線、伊太祈曽駅から徒歩3分の所に神社があります。大きな鳥居があるのですぐにわかります。
 2019 year has begun. It is the last New Year's Heisei era. Because Heisei Emperor will be abodicated in May this year.
 On January 2nd, I went to Itakiso Shrine.
 The Shrine is located 3 minutes on foot from Idakiso Station on the Kishigawa line. When you see big torii(gate), it is enter of Itakiso Shrine.
  
d0360104_19324948.jpg
 神社の前に大きな池があり、その中ほどにもう一つの鳥居があります。その鳥居をくぐり、赤い欄干のある橋を渡って神社の境内に入ります。
 There is a big pond in front of the shrine, and there is another torii in the middle. Let's enter under the torii and cross the red bridge.
d0360104_19325241.jpg
お正月なので出店が並んでします。
 It is New Year's Day, so some shops are lining up.
d0360104_19331519.jpg
伊太祁曽神社/ Itakiso Shrine

 伊太祁曽神社の主祭神は五十猛命です。
 『日本書記』神話遍に、素戔嗚尊(すさのおのみこと)がその子五十嵐命(いたけるのみこと)とともに新羅から木の種をもち帰り、日本国中にまき、残った木種のすべてを木国(和歌山)にまいたと記載があります。

 Main deity of this shrine is Itakeru-no Mikoto.
 It is wrriten in " Nihonshoki's myths" Susanoh-no Mikoto brought many tree seeds from Shiragi with three children, and they sowed seeds all of Japan. The remaining seeds were sown in Kii country(Wakayama).

 素戔嗚尊の3人の子ども五十嵐命と大屋津比売(おうやつひめ)、都麻都比売命(つまつひめ)は始め、現在の日前宮に鎮座していましたが、のちに宇多森に遷座し、聖武天皇の御代に三か所の地に分遷されました。大屋都比売命は和佐の高積神社に、都麻津比売命は吉礼の都麻津比売神社に祀られています。

 At the beginning three children of Susanoh, Itakeru and Ohyatsu-hime, Tsumatsu-hime are enshrined at Nichizen-gu Shrine, but later they moved to Udanomori. In the age of Emperor Shomu, three brothers and sisters were divaided into three places . Ohyatsu-hime is enshrined in Takatsumi Shrine at Wasa, Tsumatsu-hime is enshrined at Tsumatsu-hime Shrine in Kire and Itakeru is here.
 Also, at each shrine brothers and sisters are enshrined together as god.
 
d0360104_19335599.jpg
 中央に主祭神の五十猛命を祀っています。
  Itakeru-no Mikoto is enshrined in the middle as the main god.
d0360104_19340475.jpg
 左側の社に大屋都比売命が祀られています。
 Ohyatsu-hime-no Mikoto is enshrined to the left.
d0360104_19340782.jpg
 右側の社には都麻津比売命が祀られています。
 Tsumatsu-hime-no Mikoto is enshrined to the right.
d0360104_19342033.jpg
 神社の左手に蛭子神社があります。
 Hiruko Shrine is in the left side of Shrine's yard.
d0360104_19343551.jpg
 お猿石・Osaru Ishi(Monkey stone)
 蛭子神社の前に不思議な形の石が置かれています。
 これは猿の顔に似ていることから「お猿石」とよばれ、古くは参詣者は本殿参詣の前に手をあてて心気をしずめたと伝わっています。現代でも首より上の病に霊験があるそうです。
 A strange stone is placed in front of Hiruko Shrine. 
 This is called "Osaru Ishi (monkey stone) because it resembles the face of a monkey. In old days it is said that the pilgrims touched their hands before
visiting the main shrine and calmed down their mind. It seems that there is an inspiration for diseases above the neck even in modern times.
d0360104_19333476.jpg
 木俣くぐり / Kinomata Kuguri
 神社境内に大きな古木があり、中が空洞になっています。
 説明版があるので一部、抜粋します。
 「古事記神話の実体験 木俣くぐり」
 神代の昔 大国主神が八十神に命をねらわれた時 母神の刺国若比売が木国の大屋比古神(おおやひこのかみ・五十猛の別名)のところへ逃がします。木国へ逃れた大国主神は大国主神は大屋比古神の助言により 木俣をくぐり難を逃れます。
 この神話をもとに木俣をくぐると難を逃れると信じられるようになり、現代でも多くの参詣者たちが木俣をくぐっているそうです。
 この神話を書いた絵本が境内で販売されています。日本の神話を次世代の子どもたちの伝えていきたいですね。

 There is a big old tree in the precincts, and the inside of the trunk is a hollow. Explanation Board is standing, so I will introduce you.
 ‟Experiences of Kojiki myth Ki-no-mata Kuguri"
 In the age God lived in Japan.
  When many older God tryed to kill Oukuninushi, mother Sashukuniwaka-hime sent him to the place of Ohyabiko(another name of Itakeru-no Mikoto)
 Okuninushi escaped to Kinokuni and passed through tree's cavity by Ohyabiko's advice. And he was able to escape hardships.
 By on this myth, people believed that they can escape the difficulty by going through tree's cavity, and in modern times many pilgrims are going through Kinomata.
 The picture book which wrote this myth is sold in this shrine. I would like to convey the Japanese myths to the next generation children. (by M.A)

d0360104_19334021.jpg
 猪の置き物?これはチェンソーアートです。

by wakayamakiga | 2019-01-04 23:20 | Shrine in Wakayama | Comments(0)

Ohechi route-6 From Kushimoto to Koza /串本から古座へ

 
d0360104_20504950.jpg
  12月20日(木)、本州最南端の串本から古座まで歩きました。KIGAのメンバー11名と一緒です。
  午前6時40分、JR和歌山駅に集合し、10人乗りの車1台と普通車1台に乗り出発。8時30分、JR串本駅につきました。
  On Thursday December 20th,11 members of KIGA walked from Kushimoto at the southernmost tip of Honshu to Koza.
 At 6:40am, we took two cars and left JR Wakayama Station. We arrived to JR Kushimoto Station at 8:30.
 
d0360104_20505264.jpg
  駅前に立つ「本州最南端」の標識。
  " Honshu southernmost tip" sign stands in front of the station.


d0360104_20505647.jpg
  駅から右手の「東海岸通り」の市街地を歩きます。漁業が盛んであった時代の雰囲気が残っています。干物店、海産物店がならび、地方発送もしてくれるそうです。
  立派な石垣の邸です。
Let's walk down the street of "East Coast Street" on your right from the station. The atmosphere of the era when the fishing industry was popular remains. Dried fish stores and marine goods stores are still open now.
Here is a fence with stacked stones.


d0360104_20510443.jpg
 この邸のご主人、矢倉さんにお逢いしました。今も住んでおられます。かつて、邸の前まで海が広がっていたそうです。
 We met a man of this residence. He still lives there. He told us that the sea had spread to the front of this house in old times.

 
d0360104_20512038.jpg
 紀陽銀行の手前で右折し、路地を歩きましょう。
 Let's turn to the right before the Kiyo Bank, and walk down the alley.


d0360104_20512326.jpg
  大きな木の上に別の木が・・・。
  Another tree grows on a big tree.


d0360104_20512962.jpg
 「紀州串本無量寺」に着きました。
  We arrived at "Kishu Kushimoto Muryoji Temple".

 無量寺  
  錦江山無量寺は本土最南端の地、串本町にある臨済宗東福寺派の別格寺院です。元々は袋という小さい入り江の地区にありましたが、宝永4年(1707)10月の宝永地震による大津波で全壊、流失してしまいました。大津波より79年の後、天明6年(1786)、文保愚海和尚が辛苦の末、現在の位置に本堂を再建されました。
  京都本山東福寺において愚海和尚と親交があった画家丸山応挙は、無量寺再建の祝いに障壁画12面を描き、弟子長澤芦雪が応挙の名代として京都から南紀へ向かいました。
  芦雪は約10か月間南紀に滞在し、本堂に襖絵を描いたり、270点余りの絵を描きました。この時「虎図」「龍図」等襖絵の傑作が残されました。
  昭和36年、日本一小さい美術館として応挙芦雪館が境内に開館しました。以来、”絵の寺”として知られてきました。又、南国風の蘇鉄や棕櫚の植え込みや六地蔵など、自由に見ることが出来ます。

   Muryoji Temple is located in Kushimoto town which is the southern town in Honshu. It was originally located in Fukuro, seashore town, but it was destroyed by the tsunami of the Hoei earthquake in 1707,A.D. In 1786, 79 years later, this temple was rebuilt by Gukai priest. A painter, Oukyo, who was in a good terms with Gukai, sent Rosetsu, his pupil, and some congratulatory pictures from Kyoto.
   Rosetsu also drew many pictures while he had stayed here for around 10 months. He painted famous painting ,"tiger" and "dragon" on sliding doors.
   Oukyo-Rosetsu Museum was opened as a smallest museum in Japan on September 1961 (Showa 36) in the precincts. Now Muryoji Temple is famous as "a temple of paintings". (Y.S)
d0360104_20513109.jpg
 無量寺境内の右手に「応挙芦雪館」があります。
 On the right hand side of the temle precinct there is " Ohkyo Rosetsu-kan".


d0360104_20514338.jpg
 無量寺本堂
 Main holl of Muryoji.


d0360104_20513552.jpg
 寺の境内に宝篋印塔と石仏が並んでいます。
 A Hokyo-in-to and stone Buddhist statues are enshrined.


d0360104_20513872.jpg
 六地蔵が板碑に掘られています。
 Rokujizo(six jizos) are engraved on the stone board.

d0360104_20514960.jpg
 無量寺から民家が並ぶ路地を歩き海岸へ。42号線を北に向かって約1,5km歩き、潮浜橋を渡ります。
 Walking through the alley from the Muryoji Temple to the coast. Join the Route 42 and walk about 1,5km toward the north. We cross the Siohama-bashi Bridde.


d0360104_20521212.jpg
  右手に鬮野川(くじのがわ)
  You can see the Kujino-gawa River on the right.


d0360104_20521480.jpg
 川の上にJRきのくに線
 JR Kinokuni line passes over the river.


d0360104_20521713.jpg
 河口付近に仏像が立っています。
 A stone statue stands at the estuary.


d0360104_20522174.jpg
 左手に「袋港」
 You can see the Hukuro-ko Bay at left.


d0360104_20522364.jpg
 潮浜橋から少し歩き、JRの線路の下を潜りましょう。
 let's walk a little from the Siohama-bashi bridge and get under the JR rail way.


d0360104_20523096.jpg
 砂利置き場の前を通り、汐入橋へ。道路脇の樹木が赤い実をつけています。
 Passing the front of the gravel stone park and going to the Shioiri-bashi Bridge. Some trees beside the road show us red fruits.


d0360104_20523623.jpg
  こちらは黒い実
 Those are black fruits.

d0360104_20524175.jpg
  鬮野川の辻地蔵に向かって歩きます。汐入橋の周辺は道路工事中でした。山から切り出した木が積み上げられています。
  walking along the Kujinogawa River to Tsuji-jizo. The road around the Sioiribashi Bridge is under construction. A lot of trees cut out from the mountains are stacked up.

d0360104_20524422.jpg
  橋の傍に炭焼窯があります。備長炭を焼いている若者に出会いました。彼は九州から来ているそうです。  
  There is a charcoal grill kilm near the bridge. We met a young man burning Bincho-tan charcoal. He came from kyushu.




d0360104_20531381.jpg
 山に囲まれたのどかな田園風景が広がっています。
 The landscape of peaceful countryside is surrounded by mountains.

d0360104_20524759.jpg
 野苺を見つけました。甘くて美味しかったです。
 I found strawberries. It was sweet and delicious.

 
d0360104_20524949.jpg
 周辺には珍しい野草が多く生育しています。ワレモコウはバラ科の植物で和名は吾亦紅、吾木香です。花言葉は「変化」「もの思い」「愛慕」だそうです。暗黒色の花びらに見える部分はガクが発達したもので、本物の花ぶらは退化しています。

 Many rare wildflowers grow around the surroundings. It is Great Burnet(Sanguisorba officinalis)


d0360104_20525659.jpg
 ウハギ(ヨメナ)です。万葉集に謡われています。花言葉は「従順」。
 This is Uhagi(Yomena). It is written in Manyosu(Ancient times poetry). Flower language is "obedient".



d0360104_20530409.jpg
  サネカズラが赤い実をつけています。サネ(実)が美しい葛(カヅラ)という意味で、別名「ビナンカズラ(美男葛)」ともいうのは、かつて武士がツルに含まれる粘液を整髪料として使っていたことに由来します。美味しそうですが苦味があり、味はまずかったです。
 The tree of Sanekazura(Kadsura japonica) has red fruits. The name of this tree means sane(fruit) is a beautiful kudzu(kazura). It has another name "Binankazura(beautyful guy)"is derived from the fact that samurai used liquid contained in this tree as a hairdresser. It looks delicious but there is bitter taste, the taste was bad. (M.A)
  
d0360104_20531543.jpg
 鬮野川にかかる橋を渡りましょう。
Let's cross the Kujinogawa River.


d0360104_20531732.jpg
 竹藪を過ぎたら、八幡橋を渡り左に曲がります。
 After passing through Bamboo forest, let's cross the Yahata-bashi Bridge and turn to left.

d0360104_20533394.jpg
 山すそに鳥居が見えますか?
Can you see a Torii gate at the foot of the mountain?


d0360104_20533502.jpg
 やはり鳥居でした。今日はここでランチタイムとします。石段の上に小さな社があります。
 It was a torii gate. There is a small shrine named Hachiman Jinjya. Today we had lunchtime here.
d0360104_20535953.jpg
 椎の実が沢山落ちているので、少し拾って帰ります。
 Many fruits of the vertebrae have fallen, so I picked up and took it home.


d0360104_20534488.jpg
 滝畑橋を渡りましょう。
 Let's cross the Takihata-bashi Bridge.
 

d0360104_20534679.jpg
 川沿いの道を上流に向かってあるきます。ここは硲ノ元橋です。
 We went upstream along the riverside road, this is Sakono-bashi Bridge.


d0360104_20534956.jpg
 右手の山の中腹にハチミツを集める巣箱があります。
 There is a nest box that collects honey from the beach on the right hand side.



d0360104_20540285.jpg
 日本の原風景がそこにあります。
 You can see the orijinal landscape of Japan.


d0360104_20540788.jpg
 鬮野川辻地蔵です。潮浜橋から2,4km。古道は真っすぐに続いていますが、橋杭岩に行く場合は右折して山道を歩きます。
 We arrived at Kujinogawa Tsuji-jizo. It is 2,4km from Shiohama Bridge.
The Ansient road continues straight, but if you hope to go Hashikui-iwa, turn to right and walk on the mounatin path.


d0360104_20542075.jpg
  ガマの穂
  A ear of the Gama(Gag).


d0360104_20542385.jpg
 紫色の花を咲かせている花の名前は?
 What is this purple flower's name?


d0360104_20542629.jpg
 峠の向こうに明るい光が。
We can see bright light over the hill. 


d0360104_20543013.jpg
 峠の頂上から串本大橋が見えます。
  You can see the Kushimoto Ohashi(bridge) from the top of mountain pass.



d0360104_20544325.jpg
 峠を降りると橋杭岩にきました。現在12時10分です。橋杭岩の全体をカメラに収めるのは難しいですね。
  After walking down the pass, we stand beside Hashigui-Iwa Rock (Bridge pillar rocks) (now 12:10pm).
  The rocks line up to the front island (Oh-shima), so its difficult to cover by one shot.


d0360104_20544868.jpg
 近くに弘法大師を祀る丘があるのでそこに登り、何とか橋杭岩の全景を撮ることができました。
  You can view all Hashigui-Iwa Rock on the hill of the small hut enshrining Kobo-Daishi.

d0360104_20545595.jpg
 お大師さまを祀っています。A small hut enshrines Kobo-Daishi.

橋杭の立石伝説

昔々、弘法大師と天の邪鬼が熊野地方を旅したときのことです。

我こそは世界一の知恵者と自負している天の邪鬼は、何とか弘法大師の鼻をあかしてやりたいと考えた末、「弘法さん、大島の村人のために、我々がひとつ大島と陸地との間に橋を架けてやろうじゃありませんか」と誘いかけました。いかに弘法大師でもまさか一夜で架けることができまいと、「一晩と時間を限って架けくらべしましょう」と・・・

いよいよその晩、天野の邪鬼がそっと窺っていると、大師は山から巨岩をひょいと担いで海中に立てています。2,3時間のうちに、早くも橋杭がずらりと並びました。「大変だ!この調子だと、夜明けまでに橋ができあがる!」 天の邪鬼は、「コケコッコー」と大声で鶏の鳴き真似をしました。弘法大師は夜が明けると思って、ついに仕事を中止してしまいました。

そのときの橋杭の巨岩が今になお残っているとのことです。

A folktale about the origin of Hashigui-Iwa Rock (Bridge pillar rocks)

Once upon a time, the famous priest Kobo-Daishi (who established Khoya-san Shingon Buddhism) and a wicked devil were travelling around this Kumano area.

The devilwho believed he was the most resourceful person, had tried to trick Kobo-Daishi. He proposed to compete each other whether we can build a bridge within one night, from here to the front island (Oh-shima) for the convenience of village people, guessing even Kobo-Daishi cannot make it.

In the first night, he saw Kobo-Daishi carrying big rocks from mountains very easily and arranging them as bridge pillars within 2 or 3 hours. Surprised by watching them, the devil tried to crow loudly. Kobo-Daishi thought it was already at break of dawn,
so he stopped his work.

Since then, the present bridge pillar rocks stand in line to the front island. (by H.S)


 

d0360104_20550707.jpg
 橋杭岩から国道42号線を歩きます。
 Then we walk along Route 42.



d0360104_20550440.jpg
 椿の季節ですね。
 It is the season when camellia flowers bloom.

 
d0360104_20552723.jpg
 国道を800mほど歩くと「澤信坊の道標地蔵」があります。
 As you walk about 800m Route 42, you wii find "Sawashinbo-no-Dohyo Jizo".



d0360104_20553366.jpg
 角柱の道標。「右ハ鬮之川・・左ハ橋杭岩・・・」の文字が読み取れます。古道と国道が合流する所です。
 A signpost of a prism. You can lead letters "right Kujino-gawa・・ left Hashikui-iwa".
 This is the place that Kumano Kodo and Route 42 meet.


d0360104_20551640.jpg
 国道を300mほど歩き、旧道に入りましょう。
 Let's walk national high way about 300m, and enter to old road.



d0360104_20552325.jpg
 遠くに二つの島が見えています。
 Can you see two islands in the distance?




d0360104_20553671.jpg
 民家が並ぶ旧道。漬物にするための大根を干しています。
 Private houses are lined up on the old road. Some one is drying radishs for pickles.


d0360104_20554550.jpg
 これはマユミですね。
 This is Myumi.


d0360104_20555511.jpg
 紀伊姫駅
 Kii-hime Station of JR.


d0360104_20560770.jpg
 海に浮かぶ二つの島は、左手が九龍島(くろじま)で右手は鯛島’たいじま)です。
 Two islands floating in the sea. The left one is Kuro-jima and right one is tai-jima.


d0360104_20561077.jpg
  地蔵尊/ A Jizo
 


d0360104_20561352.jpg
 旧道は国道42号線とJRきのくに線に挟まれています。列車が通り過ぎていきました。
 The old road continue between National Route 42 and the JR Kinokuni line. Just the train passed by.





d0360104_20562081.jpg
 原町のお堂につきました。石仏3体がおさめられています。中央に地蔵尊、左手に法経塔。
 We arrived at the Haramachi-no-odo. Three stone Buddhas are supposed in it. Jizo is at center and Houkyoto is at left.


d0360104_20561754.jpg

 右端に徳本上人の名号碑があります。古い時代からここを行き交う人々の安全を見守ってきました。
 The Tokuhon-shonin's monument is at right. These Buddha statues have kept travelers since old age.


d0360104_20562278.jpg
 今日のゴール地点、古座駅につきました。14時20分でした。9,7km。急坂が少なく、歩きやすいコースです。
 We got to Koza Station which are the goal spot of today. It is 14:20pm.
9,7km. There are few steep slopes,and it is easy to walk. (M.A)



by wakayamakiga | 2019-01-04 00:05 | Ohechi route 大辺路 | Comments(0)

Ohechi-5-2Hirami/大辺路・平見

 すさみ町の東部から串本町の西部にかけて、「平見」が付く集落がたくさんあります。   
 「平見」は平らに見えることを意味します。これらは海抜30mから40mで典型的な海岸段丘上にあります。紀伊半島の南西部は隆起し、東部は沈みました。
  There are many communities having "Hirami" from eastern Susami town to western Kushimoto town. "Hirami" means "looks flat". These are flat areas elevation 30m to 40m. These areas are typical coastline plateaus. South western coast of Kii peninsula was lifted and east side was sunk.

  他の地域と違って、ここには大きな川がありません。平らな土地の多くは大地の上にあり、多くの人はここに住んでいます。津波を避けるには最高ですが、灌漑がむずかしいので農業は大変だと思います。この地域は伝統的にサツマイモや麦を育ててきました。
  Unlike other region, there are no big rivers in this area. Most flat lands are on the plateau, so many people are living on the plateau. It's the best condition to avoid tsunami, but I guess farming is not easy because irrigation is difficult. In this region, traditionally sweet potato and wheat are grown.

  海岸から段丘に上ったり降りたりするのに多くの坂道ができています。海岸線には多くの磯があります。現在の段丘は何百万年も前の磯が隆起したものです。
  There are many short slopes up and down from the plateau to the beach. At the beach there are many rock floors at sea level. Today's plateaus were the rock floors at sea level millions year ago and lifted up.

d0360104_14234154.jpg
 向こうに見える海岸段丘の上を歩きました。 
  We walked top of the far away plateau.


d0360104_14240523.jpg
  向こうに見える段丘の下の磯を歩きました。
  We walked on the sea side rock bed under the plateau.


d0360104_14251813.jpg
  今日の磯と向こうに見える海岸段丘。
  Today's rock bed at the sea side and the plateau far away.(Y.H)

by wakayamakiga | 2019-01-01 14:34 | Ohechi route 大辺路 | Comments(0)

Beyond the Itoga Pass to the birthplace of soy souce/糸我峠を越えて湯浅へ

d0360104_23172798.jpg
  12月6日(木)JRの紀伊宮原駅から有田川を渡り、糸我峠~湯浅駅~久米崎王子~湯浅駅まで歩きました。約10km。徒歩数21000歩でした。

  December 6th(Thu), I crossded Arida River from Kii-miyahara station of JR with KiGA members. We walked over Itoga Pass to Yuasa Cho(villege). In the afternoon, we enjoyed the scenery of old town, and headed to Kumezaki Oji, after then arrived to Yuasa Statiin.
 It is approximately 12km. My footsteps was 21,000 steps.

d0360104_23170919.jpg
 午前8時30分.紀伊宮原駅を出発。
 We left Kii-miyahara station at 8:30am.
d0360104_23171941.jpg
 有田川の堤防の一角に小さな祠があります。札場地蔵が祀られています。古い時代には有田川には現在のような堤防がなく、大雨がふれば増水して堤防が決壊し、熊野詣での旅人はここで幾日も待ったのです。

  There is a small shrine beside the bank of the Arida River. A Buddhist statue is enshrined in it. It is called Fudaba Jizo.
In old age Arida River had no embankment like present, when the heavy rain falls the embankment broke dawn. Kumano pilgrims waited here untill the water of the river become less.

d0360104_23172148.jpg

  道路を渡ると岸辺に天神社があります。
  Crossing the road there is Tenjin Shrine on the bankside of the river.


d0360104_23172480.jpg
古人はここから舟で渡りました。「渡し場跡」の標識が立っています。向こう岸の楠を目指していったようです。
Ancient time, people went by boat from here. There is a sign board on the shore. They headed for direction to comphor tree on the other side to mark. (M.A)



d0360104_23173248.jpg
犬養孝氏宸筆の万葉歌碑があります。

足代過ぎて 糸鹿の山の桜花 散らずあらなむ 還りくるまで

 足代は有田の地名でした。糸我の山の桜の花が散らないでいてほしい 私がまた帰ってくるまで、という意味です。古い時代、桜の花に自らの幸運を祈りました。

 There is a monument engraved with Manyo Poem. The letter was written by Inugai Takashi.
  Ate was Arida's place name in old era. The meaning of this song is that I want the flowers of cherry trees in the mountin will not be scattered untill I came back again. In ancient times, people prayed for their good fortune to the cherry blossoms.


d0360104_23173763.jpg
  得生寺
Tokushoji Temple

中将姫と得生寺 Princess Thujo and Tokushoji Temple
  得生寺の創設にまつわる中将姫の物語が伝わっています。
  中将姫は747年、藤原豊成の娘に生まれました。彼女が5歳の時に母が亡くなり、父は2年後に再婚します。8歳で異母兄弟の弟が生まれます。彼女は琴の演奏がとても上手で聖武天皇からほめられますが、継母は演奏で失敗します。
  Princess Chujo was born in 747 as a daugther of Fujiwara Fuhito. Her mother was died at 5 years old, and two years later her father remarried. At age eight, half brother was born. She played Koto very well and received applause by the emperor. But her stepmother failed.
  その後、継母は彼女を虐待し、殺そうとします。中将姫は毒入りのごちそうを与えられますが、義弟が食べて死亡しました。
  13歳の時、継母はうその不倫話をでっち上げ、家来に伊藤春時に姫を殺すように命じます。中将姫は雲雀山に逃れます。一心に経をよむ姫に姿を見た得生は、神々しさに打たれて殺せませんでした。春時と妻は出家して小さな庵を建てました。これが得生寺の起源です。
  Then stepmother bullied and try to kill by her jealousy. Princess Chujo was given a meal with poison but her half brother ate it and died.
  At thirteen years old, the stepmother made a fake adultery story and ordered to Ito Harutoki(Tokusho) to kill princess Chujo. She hid in the Hibari yama mountain. Harutoki felt princess's divinely solemn and could not kill her. Harutoki and his wife became monks and built a small temple, it was the origin of Temple Tokusho.
  その後、中将姫は父豊成と再会し、奈良の当麻寺で尼となり、熱心に仏道修行に励みました。彼女は27歳で阿弥陀やそのほかの菩薩たちに迎えられるように亡くなりました。
  毎年5月14日には得生寺で彼女の死去にまつわる儀式が行われます。赤く塗った橋の上で25人の仏・菩薩が中将姫を迎えます。これは美人で才能豊かで優しい女性の悲しい物語です。
   Princess Chujo met her fathere and also became a nun and did the Buddhism practice hard. She died at age 27 as if she was welcomed by Amida Buddha and other many Bodhisattvas.
   Princess Chujo met her fathere and also became a nun at Taimaji Temle in Nara and did the Buddhism practice hard. She died at age 27 as if she was welcomed by Amida Buddha and other many Bodhisattvas. (Y.H)
d0360104_23173939.jpg
 得生寺の本堂
Main hall of Tokushoji
d0360104_23174542.jpg
 糸我稲荷神社
糸我稲荷神社の祭神は稲荷大神(倉稲魂神 うかのみたまのかみ)で、境内には楠の古木があり、熊野古道の要所として知られ、平安時代の藤原定家の御幸記や平家物語に白河法皇が立寄ったとの記録があります。稲荷神は稲の穂 即ち食物の神で、京都の伏見稲荷を含み全国には3000以上の稲荷神社があるそうです。糸我神社の伝記では、現在地の南約1kmの山頂の巨石を祭った稲葉根社が本宮で、約535年頃、村人が豊作を祈ったのが始まりとのことです。その後約650年頃に、現在の平地へ移し、稲成社と称したとのことで、京都の伏見稲荷より古い起源の稲荷となります。

  Itoga Inari Shrine
  Surrounded
by the old camphor trees, Itoga -shrine was a key station of Kumano-kodo. FujiwaraTeika who walked through Kumano-kodo as an
attendant of Joko Gotoba (retired emperor) noted to visit here in 1201 AD.
The shrine worships Inari (ears of rice : God of foods). There are more than 3000 Inari shrines in Japan, including a famous Fushimi-inari in Kyoto.
According to the record by Itoga-shrine, a big rock sitting at the top of mountain about 1km south was the origin of the shrine, which village
people prayed for abundant crop of rice in around 535 AD.
Then the shrine was transferred to the present place near Arita river in around 650 AD which is older than the origin of Fushimi-Inari in Kyoto. (by H.S)



d0360104_23181589.jpg
本朝最初と刻まれています。
The record by the shrine noted as the oldest Inari-shrine in Japan.
d0360104_23181877.jpg
糸我稲荷神社の創建は535年だそうです。
The origin of Itoga-shine is said to be around 535 AD.

d0360104_23182065.jpg
  境内の大楠は樹齢500年以上
The camphor trees are more than 500 years old.

d0360104_23182691.jpg
  糸我峠の入口の立つ道標
 The old signpost at the corner to Itoga pass.

d0360104_23183260.jpg
  庚申さん
Koshin-to



d0360104_23183497.jpg
 白い花が咲いています。
White flowers are blooming


d0360104_23183962.jpg
 ひばり山へ登るにはここから左手の山道に入ります。
There is a sign stone to Hibari-yama, but we will go to Itoga Tohge.

d0360104_23184382.jpg
 南無阿弥陀仏と刻まれた名号碑
A stone monument engraved with the word Namuamidabutsu.


d0360104_23184531.jpg
 糸我王子跡(水王子/上王子)
糸我山の登り口から少し歩くと、平坦な地があり糸我王子跡です。江戸時代には水王子として祀られていました。また近くに上王子と呼ばれる王子の記載があります。
 水王子についての詳しい記録はありませんが、徳川頼宜と治定の時代に熊野古道の参詣道として整備されました。
 1878年、糸我王子と水王子は糸我稲荷神社に合祀されました。

Itoga Oji

There is a memorial pool in the field at the foot of Itoga Mountain. In the Edo era, it was enshrined as Mizu oji. Mizu means water. Itoga oji also called Ue Oji in old times. Ue means up, on, or over.
  There was no written record about the origin of Mizu Oji,but it is said that Tokugawa Yorinobu and Harusada made a pilgrimage to this oji. Itoga Oji and Mizu Oji were merged with Itiga Inari Shrine in 1878.


d0360104_23184886.jpg
 この標識を見て左手に山に登ります。
The old signpost noted "Left to Kumano road" to Itoga pass.


d0360104_23185771.jpg
 
d0360104_23185971.jpg
頂上まで急な坂が続きます。
A steep slope continues to the top of the pass.

d0360104_23190379.jpg
 糸我峠の頂上に着きました。
We arrived at the top of the pass.



d0360104_23190936.jpg
 尾根道を右手に、海岸に向かって約1kmほど歩くと大きな岩があります。
After walking about 1km fom Itoga pass to the way to coast along the ridge root, you can find a big rock on the right.




d0360104_23191348.jpg
 ここが糸我稲荷神社の本宮です。
This big rock is said to be the origin of Itoga-shrine.




d0360104_23192316.jpg
 神社の入口に小さな祠があり、役小角像が祀られています。
  En-no-ozunu(ozune) statue is enshrined beside the road to the shrine.

d0360104_23192634.jpg
この道は大和街道です。奈良時代、天皇や上皇がこの道を利用しました。ここから当時の銅貨、和同開珎が11個見つかりました。
 This road is called Yamato Kaido. During the Nara period, the Emperor and Jhoko used this path. 11 pieces of ancient coin, Wadokaichin were found here.
d0360104_23193216.jpg
そのまま西に向かってあるけば栖原海岸へでます。明恵上人が修行をした白上遺跡があり、施無畏寺があります。
 If you head to the west. you can go to the Suhara Coast. On the way, there are two Sirakami ruins which Myoe Shonin practiced. Semui-ji (temple) located there.

d0360104_23194043.jpg
「夜泣松」の標識があります。平清盛の話が伝わっています。
A stone sign carved as " Yonaki-matsu". Who cried at night? Kiyomori Taira?


d0360104_23194331.jpg
「南無阿弥陀仏」と刻まれた石。
Can you see the character of Namuami-dabutsu ?
d0360104_23195488.jpg
藪椿が咲きはじめました。
The flowers of Yabutubaki(camellia) are in bloom.

d0360104_23195921.jpg
 大きな古木
An old tree.
d0360104_23200112.jpg
 行者石。
修験道者がこの石に座って修行したあと、川の水で禊をしたと伝わっています。 「吉川老人憩いの家」の前にあります。

Ghojya Ishi(stone)
 There is a big flat stone in the yard of Yosikawa Ikoi-no Ie (the rest house for elderly persons). This is Ghojya-ishi Stone. Mountin priest sat down here for thier training and they had purificatin by water in river.
d0360104_23200417.jpg
d0360104_23201223.jpg
  逆川王子(さかさがわおうじ/さかさまおうじ)
  藤原定家の日記(1109年10月18日)に「逆河王子」と書かれています。この日記は、最も古い文献です。藤原定家は、「サカサマ王子」と呼んでいます。 逆川の名の由来は、通常は、海に向かって流れる川が、逆に流れているので逆川と名がつきました。 地元の人々は、この名を嫌い吉(よい)事があるように村の名を吉川と改名したと言われています。この王子は、江戸時代に吉川村の氏神として祀られ神主が置かれていました。1911年に国津神社に合祀され、1937年に村人の寄付により社殿と石段が再建されました。


d0360104_23201423.jpg
Sakasama-oji(Sakasagawa Oji)

In the diary of Fujiwara Munetada dated October 18th,1109, this Oji was described , which is the oldest record about this Oji. And a famous poet, Fujiwara Teika in the 12th century called it Sakasama Oji in his diary. Its name comes from this river nearby flows in reverse among other rivers around here. And the name of village was also called Sakagawa(a reverse river). But local people disliked it. It’s said that they changed it from Sakagawa to Yoshikawa wishing for good luck. This Oji was enshrined as a guardian deity of Yoshikawa village and there was a Shinto priest there. In 1911、it was enshrined in Kunitsu Shrine. In 1937, a shrine building and stone steps were rebuilt by donation of local people. (by T.S)

 
 
d0360104_23202031.jpg
 神社境内のナギの木
There is an old Negi Tree.
d0360104_23202317.jpg
 本殿は山すそにあります。
 The main shrine is at the foot of mountain.
d0360104_23202689.jpg
 神社境内に小さな祠があり、仏像が祀られています。
There is another small shrine in this shrine's precinct, and Buddhist statues are enshrined in it.
d0360104_23203695.jpg
  方津戸峠で向かう途中、ご白河法皇の腰掛岩の跡。
On the way to Hodu-tohge(pass), there was a srone that is said Goshirakawa Jhoko sat here, now no stone.

d0360104_23203828.jpg
  弘法井戸
Well known as Kobo Daishu (Kukai) dug, water still available now.
d0360104_23204129.jpg
 方津戸峠の仏像
Buddhist statues at Hodu Toge.

d0360104_23204403.jpg
古道の雰囲気が残る道があります。
You can walk a narrow road where the atmosphere of the anciet road remains.


d0360104_23204622.jpg
  峠を降りて少し歩くと体育館の傍に一里松跡の標識がひっそりと。松はもうありません。
After getting down the pass and walking a while, a signpost of Ichi-matsu stands next to the gymnasium. There is no pine now.
In Edo era , the load of Kishu(Wakayama prefecture) plant pines every 20 km.

d0360104_23204946.jpg
 川底から発見された樹齢800年の楠の木。
A big tree is 800 years old, discovered from the bottom of the river.
d0360104_23205628.jpg
 楠の木の断面、年輪ですね。
d0360104_23205929.jpg
 山田川に鴨が遊んでいます。川沿いの道を歩いて「北栄橋」から湯浅の町に入りましょう。
A lot of ducks are swiming in the Yamadagawa River. Let's walk along the river and enter the town of Yuasa from "Hokuei Bridge".



d0360104_23210253.jpg
 中世の街並みが残っています。懐かしい匂いがします。
Old streets remain in Yuasa, you can find a nostalgic landscape of Japan.




d0360104_23210485.jpg
醤油 / Soy Souce

  日本の醤油は鎌倉時代(13世紀中ごろ)、紀州の禅寺「興国寺」の開祖、覚心(法燈国師)が当時の南宋(今の中国)から伝えた金山寺味噌(径山寺味噌)から生まれたといわれており、紀州湯浅は「醤油発祥の地」と知られています。湯浅の水が味噌作りに適しており、その製造過程から生まれました。
  400年前の安土桃山時代には、商品として出荷された。江戸時代には、徳川御三家の紀州候の手厚い保護があり、文化文政時代には人家千戸の湯浅に92軒の醤油屋があったそうです。
  その製法は関東銚子や日本各地に伝えられました。湯浅では現在唯一”角長”が昔ながらの製法を受け継ぎ醤油作りを続けています。

Shoyu,Soy Sauce, was originally produced in Yuasa from Kinzanji-miso or soy bean paste, which had been brought from China (Southern Sung) in the early 13th century by Hotokokushi, the founder of Kokokuji-temple of Yuasa.
400 years ago, in Azuchi-Momoyama era, Shoyu was first shipped to the other parts of Japan as a commodity in Yuasa.
In the late Edo era, thanks to the protection of the Lord of Kishu (Wakayama prefecture) , Shoyu industry developed a great deal and that there were 92 Shoyu makers in about one thousand houses in Yuasa.
Later the Shoyu brewing had spread to some parts of Japan, such as Choshi in Chiba prefecture.
Today, Shoyu industry was on the decline in Yuasa. Only "Kadocho", the Shoyu maker, still continues making Shoyu like the older time.(by Y.S)

d0360104_23210706.jpg
 角長の手づくり醤油の看板  

d0360104_23211096.jpg
 醤油資料館では醤油発祥のお話を聞くことができます。
d0360104_23211399.jpg
昔はこの車で醤油を運びました。大八車です。
d0360104_23211608.jpg
  深泉寺
 奈良時代に行基が開いたこの寺は法皇や上皇が熊野行幸の際の行在所として使われていました。

 Jinsenji Temple
Gyoki(Budihist monk) opened this temple during the nara era. It is used to be the temporary lodging for the emperor or retired emperor when they visit Kumano.
d0360104_23212514.jpg
 立石の道標
湯浅町の熊野古道沿いにある道標は天保9年(1838)に建てられました。高さ2m以上で方角を指しています。
 北面に「すく熊野道」、南面に「いせかうや道」、東面に「きみゐでら」と刻まれています。東面の上には北を指す指が刻まれています。天保8年(1837)に起こった大飢饉で多くの人が餓えて亡くなり、近くの谷や川に埋められました。指はその方角を指しているのではないかという説もあります。

 湯浅町
 湯浅町は和歌山県の西岸に位置し、周りを海や山に囲まれた風光明媚な所です。JR湯浅駅から伝統的建造物群保存地区まで歩いて15分ほど。湯浅は醤油の町として知られています。

 Yuasa Town
It is located on the west coast of wakayama Prefecture, and scenic place surrounded by sea and the mountains.
From JR Yuasa Station to the Presevation Distrinct of Traditional Building takes about 15 minutes walk. Yuasa is known as birthplace of soy sauce.

 角長
 天保12年(1841)創業の醤油醸造の老舗です。醤油資料館では醤油造りの動議が展示され、わかりやすく紹介されています。 
Kadochou
  It is long-established brewing store of soy sauce in Tempo 12(1841). At the soy sauce museum, materials for making soy sauce are exhibited and bening introdused in an easy-to-underestand way.

 甚風呂・Jinburo
 幕末から昭和まで使われていた公衆浴場です。
 It is a public bath which has been used from end of Edo era to Showa era.

 ほかにもたくさん見どころがあります。
 湯浅で歴史を体験してみて下さい・
There are many other places to see. You cam experience the histry in Yuasa. (by M.Y)


 

by wakayamakiga | 2018-12-08 01:10 | Kii route /紀伊路 | Comments(0)

熊野古道歩こう会2018年12月のご案内

 秋は駆け足で通り過ぎようとしています。年末年始は何かと気ぜわしくなりますが、熊野古道をあるけば古代人の気持ちになって、少しのんびりできるかもしれません。
 KIGAの熊野古道歩こう会12月のご案内です。和英の勉強会は13日のみとさせていただきます。
d0360104_23522523.jpg

紀伊路・きい宮原~糸我峠超え~湯浅まで
:日時 12月6日(木)
:集合 きい宮原駅 8:40(JR和歌山駅7時51分発が便利です。宮原8:29分着予定 500円)
:コース予定 きい宮原➡渡し場跡➡徳生寺➡糸我稲荷神社➡糸我王子➡雲雀山(お天気が良ければ)➡糸我峠➡逆川王子➡方津戸峠➡一里松跡➡北栄橋➡角長(湯浅醤油工場)➡立石の道標➡久米崎王子➡井関王子➡湯浅駅(約11km。標高差200m)
:参加費 500円 
:申込締切 12月3日

d0360104_23525023.jpg

大辺路・串本~古座へ
:日時 12月20日(木)
:集合 JR和歌山駅 6:40(レンタカーで移動します)
:コース予定 和歌山駅➡(高速)➡串本駅➡無量寺➡潮浜橋➡くじの川辻地蔵➡澤信坊の道標地蔵➡紀伊姫駅➡原町のお堂➡古座駅(約9,7km。標高差なし)
:参加費 500円+交通費(レンタカー代金+高速料金などを参加者で分担します)
:申込締切 12月15日
※保険加入はしていません。各自任意にご加入下さい。
※当日、朝5時現在で警報が出た場合は延期とさせていただきます。

【お問合せ・申込】 e-mail kiga@silk.plala.or.jp
  📱090-2062-7778(東)
  KIGA 熊野・高野国際語り部の会
 





by wakayamakiga | 2018-11-28 00:20 | Information/ウオーク案内 | Comments(0)

Ohechi route-4 Nagai-zaka from Susami to Mirodu /長井坂(周参見~見老津へ)

d0360104_22411878.jpg
  10月18日(木)JRきのくに線周参見駅から見老津駅まで、大辺路の長井坂を歩きました。枯木灘海岸を見ながら自然林の中を歩く快適なコースです。歩行距離約10,5km。標高差250m。

October 18 th(Thursday) I walked from Susami Station on JR Kinokuni Line to Mirodu Station with KIGA members. It is a comfortable course to walk in the natural forest while watching Karekinada coast. Distance is about 10,5km. Elevation defference is 250m.

d0360104_22412270.jpg
 周参見駅から約1km、国道42号線を歩くと、熊野古道の標識があります。ここから馬転坂に入ります。
Walking on Route 42 about 1 km from Susami Station, there is a sign bord of Kumano Kodo. From here you will enter to Umakorobi-zaka.

d0360104_22412600.jpg
 工場の間を通ります。
Kumano road continues from the side of a factry.
d0360104_22413212.jpg
 馬転坂の入口。
The entrance of Umakorobi-zaka. It means the horse will fall.

d0360104_22413525.jpg
 500mほど急坂が続いています。
A steep slope will continue about 500 meteres.


d0360104_22414143.jpg
 坂を上りきれば平坦な山道です。ここから下りになります。
After going up the slope, it is a flat mountain road. From here the road goes down.


d0360104_22414573.jpg
 道標が立っています。No.46です。
There is a road sigh written as 42.


d0360104_22415046.jpg
 急に見晴らしが良くなり、枯木灘の素晴らしい景色が広がっています。
Suddenly the view is getting bettere and the wonderfull view of Karekinada is spreading.

d0360104_22414888.jpg
 左手の山道に入ります。
Let's enter the mountain path on your left.

d0360104_22415414.jpg
急な下り坂となっています。
It is a steep downhill for a while.
d0360104_22415609.jpg
 西浜の海岸にでました。しばらくフェンスの張った道を歩きましょう。
The coast called Nizhihama. Let's walk the fence-coverd road.

d0360104_22415987.jpg
 長井坂の案内をみて左折、山に向かって歩きます。
Let's turn to left when you see a signboard of Nagai-zaka and walk toward the mountain road.


d0360104_22420103.jpg
 道路の脇に地蔵尊が祀られています。
A small stone Jizo is enshined beside the road.

d0360104_22420429.jpg
 古道はJRの線路と並行しています。
The old road is paralleled to the railway line of JR.
d0360104_22420761.jpg
 道路脇にアザミの花。
A thistle flower is blooming.


d0360104_22422665.jpg
 木立に囲まれた道を約1km歩きます。
let's walk about 1 km in the forest.

d0360104_22423563.jpg
 タオの峠入口の標識をみて、左手の山道を登りましょう。
Look at the sign of "タオの峠入口(Tao Pass entrance)" and climb the mountain on the left.

d0360104_22423853.jpg
 狭いけれど、良く整備されて歩きやすい道です。
It is a narrow road, but well maintained.

d0360104_22424182.jpg
 一里塚松跡。 Ichirimatu-ato


d0360104_22424575.jpg
  自然林の中。
You can walk in the natural forest.
d0360104_22425455.jpg
  山の上にの丸い大きな石が見えます。
  There is a big round stone above the mountain.




d0360104_22425711.jpg
 山を越えると、和深川の集落です。
You can see a village of wabukagawa by crossing the mountain.

d0360104_22425901.jpg
 民家の軒下に珍しい花。
This is a rare moutain grass.


d0360104_22430160.jpg
 お寺があるので行ってみると、六地蔵が並んでいます。
There is a temple, let's go. The Rokujizo(six Jizo Buddha Statues) are lined up.


d0360104_22430680.jpg
 和深川の集会所を過ぎると大きな木がありました。
There is a big tree after passing by a community room of Wabukagawa.



d0360104_22431949.jpg
  和深川王子神社の石標。
There is a stone sign of Wabukagawa Oji Shrine.



d0360104_22432136.jpg
 王子神社です。
寛永2年(1625)に松本四郎大夫広正により創建されました。 王子神社と春日神社が祀られています。 室町時代以前の懸仏3体のご神体が保存されており文化的価値が高いです。 1846年と書かれた石灯籠や1847年と書かれた石づくりの手水鉢があります。 また神社境内の西側には、幹周り5.30メートル、高さ20メートルのムクノキがあります。 これは古い森林形態において貴重なものであると言われています。

 Wabukagawa Oji &Wabukagawa Shrine
This shrine was built by Matsumoto Shiro Daibu Hiromasa in 1625. Both of them were enshrined together here.
The three objects of worship are believed to have been made before Muromachi period (about 500 years ago).
And they are still preserved. There are a stone lantern made in 1846 and a stone washbasin made in 1847 in its precinct.
On the west side of this shirine, there's an old and giant tree called Mukunoki or a kind of elm tree, which is 5.3 meters around and 20 meters high,which is said to be precious in old forest morphology. (by T.S)




d0360104_22432468.jpg
 今日はここでランチとします。


d0360104_22433250.jpg
 和深川王子をあとに、ゆるやかな坂道を歩きます。道路の右側にJRの線路の高架の上を歩く道があるので行ってみましょう。

d0360104_22433464.jpg
 坂の上の徳本上人名号碑があります。


d0360104_22432624.jpg
 ここは山を掘削したあとですね。


d0360104_22433731.jpg
 和深川から長井坂の西登り口まで、景色のよいゆるやかな坂道となっています。のどかな秋の草花を楽しむことができます。

d0360104_22433998.jpg
 長井坂登り口の看板。


d0360104_22434787.jpg
 道路の右手に和深川。

d0360104_22435003.jpg
 川を渡って長井坂を上ります。

d0360104_22435368.jpg
 急坂を約700m、上ります。天空を走る高速道路が見えます。


d0360104_22435666.jpg
 猪垣がありました。

猪垣(鹿垣)Shishi-gaki

長井坂の急な坂の上り口に数段の田んぼのあとがあって、今は杉林になっています。この田んぼの上側に田んぼを囲むように長い石の壁があります。長さは200m以上です。

There are several steps of rice field remains before steep slope of "Nagai-zaka". Now but this area is cedar forest. On the upper side of this remaining rice field, there is a long stone wall likes covering the rice field. The length of this wall is over 200m.

田んぼの石垣のてっぺんは水平ですが、この壁は水平にはなっていません。両側が石垣で、高さも幅も1m位です。この石垣は「猪垣」と呼ばれています。

Top of the stone wall of the ricefield is level. But this stone wall is not level, it has two sides of stone walls, the width is less than one meter and the hight is more than one meter. This wall is called "Shishi-gaki" or wild boar barrier.

猪垣は江戸時代から作られました。この壁の高さや構造では野生動物から農産物を完全に守ることはできません。入口に深い穴があったと言われています。壁に沿って歩いてきた動物を捕らえて食料にしたと考えられます。当時は動物性タンパク質が極度に不足していました。

Shishi-gaki was built in since Edo era. This barrier can not defend the agiricultual products completely against the wild animals by their hight and structure. It is said that there was a deep hole at the entrance. It is said that this barrier was made for catching the wild animals walking along the wall by hiding a hole in the opening of the wall. Because in those days people severely faced the lack of animal protein. (by H.Y)


d0360104_22435972.jpg
 道路標識はNo.57です。朝、馬転び坂で見た標識は46だったから・・・12×500m=5000。まだ5km!

d0360104_22440321.jpg
 しばらく急な坂道です。

d0360104_22440553.jpg
 見老津まであと3,9km。頑張りましょう!

d0360104_22440732.jpg
 長井坂の尾根道が約2,5km続いています。版築(段築とも)により土手状の歩きやすい道です。

版築 (段築)
   版築とは、山と山との鞍部(低い谷筋)に、何層にも分けた土層を突き固めて構築したものです。古道の平面を一定に保ち、稜線として、通り易くしています。版築の道の左右の法面(のりめん)は高い傾斜となっています。
  古道は参詣者だけでなく、商人の移動や物資運搬にも利用されました。数百年たった現代でも、ほとんど崩れずに残っています。排水の容易な尾根筋にあるからでしょう。

   Hanchiku is a place which was made at the col between the mountains, piled up with soil and tamped. Because of Hanchiku, the road is level, and people could walk easily.
   This road has been maintained routinely, so it can be used not only as a pilgrimage road but also for everyday use. Hanchiku still remains as good as before, maybe because it exists on the ridge of the mountains where the drainage system is good. (by Y.S)


d0360104_22440901.jpg
 ここにも標識があります。


d0360104_22442814.jpg
 枯葉が積もって、足にやさしい道ですね。

d0360104_22443043.jpg
 No.62にきました。

d0360104_22443526.jpg
 大きな木がありました。

d0360104_22443779.jpg
 古い標識です。「やまみち・・・くまのみち」の文字が判読できます。


d0360104_22444089.jpg
 古道は続くよどこまでも・・・。茶屋の段をすぎると急な下り道となります。


d0360104_22444495.jpg
 長井坂東上り口の標識です。ここから約1,3km。25分ほどです。
The sign at the bottom of Nagai-slope route for north going, saying 1.3km by 25 minutes of ascent walk.

長井坂の南端の見老津駅の手前約1kmは急な下り坂です。 この周参見地域を治めていた安宅族による記録では、1530年の冬に、この急坂で新宮の堀之内軍勢とで合戦があったそうです。安宅勢は弓矢と槍で坂の上から新宮勢を撃退したそうです。
戦国期の地元豪族間の覇権争いの跡です。
About 1 km path toward Mirozu-station is a steepdown slope. According to the record by the local clan Ataka who
governed this area (Susami), there was a battle along this steep slope with arrows and longswards between Ataka-
clan and Shingu-clan about 500 years ago. Both two clans had competed each other to control the area. (by H.S)



d0360104_22444959.jpg
 着きました。見老津駅前の海岸。
Now reached Mirozu JR station, from which a nice ocean view with rocks in the sea.

d0360104_22445216.jpg
 ごつごつした岩場の海岸です。


by wakayamakiga | 2018-11-25 00:01 | Ohechi route 大辺路 | Comments(0)

Ohechi Route 4-2 Shishi-gaki /猪垣(鹿垣)

長井坂の急な坂の上り口に数段の田んぼのあとがあって、今は杉林になっています。この田んぼの上側に田んぼを囲むように長い石の壁があります。長さは200m以上です。
There are several steps of rice field remains before steep slope of "Nagai-zaka". Now but this area is cedar forest. On the upper side of this remaining rice field, there is a long stone wall likes covering the rice field. The length of this wall is over 200m.

田んぼの石垣のてっぺんは水平ですが、この壁は水平にはなっていません。両側が石垣で、高さも幅も1m位です。この石垣は「猪垣」と呼ばれています。
Top of the stone wall of the ricefield is level. But this stone wall is not level, it has two sides of stone walls, the width is less than one meter and the hight is more than one meter. This wall is called "Shishi-gaki" or wild boar barrier.

猪垣は江戸時代から作られました。この壁の高さや構造では野生動物から農産物を完全に守ることはできません。入口に深い穴があったと言われています。壁に沿って歩いてきた動物を捕らえて食料にしたと考えられます。当時は動物性タンパク質が極度に不足していました。
Shishi-gaki was built in since Edo era. This barrier can not defend the agiricultual products completely against the wild animals by their hight and structure. It is said that there was a deep hole at the entrance. It is said that this barrier was made for catching the wild animals walking along the wall by hiding a hole in the opening of the wall. Because in those days people severely faced the lack of animal protein.

d0360104_21422729.jpg


d0360104_21420935.jpg



d0360104_21393804.jpg

by wakayamakiga | 2018-11-21 21:52 | Ohechi route 大辺路 | Comments(0)

KIGA 熊野・高野国際語り部の会のブログです


by 熊野小僧(kumano kozo)
プロフィールを見る
画像一覧
更新通知を受け取る